This guide will help you understand how to use copyrighted materials in your courses. Use the tabs on the left to find the information you need.
The SOWELA Library can help students and faculty
- identify SOWELA’s copyright and intellectual property policies,
- understand how Fair Use affects the use of copyrighted materials in face-to-face classes,
- understand the additional regulations that govern the use of copyrighted materials in online courses,
- find alternative resources in the public domain or with a Creative Commons license when copyrighted materials cannot be used in class, and
- investigate the copyright status of works.
If you would like help with any of these, email email@example.com
The information provided here is intended for educational use only. The SOWELA Library & Learning Resource Center does not provide legal advice.